Hey guys. This is the first article in a series to show just how easy it is to be a part of a successful show at The DIY Festival. Similar articles for musicians and visual artists will be published in the coming days.
- Get together your ensemble. You need the following personel to apply for the festival
- A Director
- A Stage Manager
- Tell us about yourselves and how you create in our Theatre Application (Opening June 1st).
- If you wish to, arrange a meeting with a member of the festival team by emailing email@example.com
- Pay the 10 dollar application fee (Just to prove your application is serious).
- Cross your fingers and hope you're accepted.
- If your show is one of the lucky 10 to be accepted, we will send you the festival theme and you can start your creative process!
- You will have 3 months to create a 25-30 minute piece of theatre based off of the festival theme. During your creative process, SDE will be providing dramaturgy to help your show achieve the highest possible standard!
- Market your show (in association with the DIY Festival team)
- Perform the show as part of The DIY Festival.
- Enjoy a wine or three and celebrate the festival with us!
To learn more about The DIY Festival, check out the DIY Festival section of our website.