In the last quarter of the twentieth century, at a time when Western civilisation was declining too rapidly for comfort and yet too slowly to be very exciting, much of the world sat on the edge of an increasingly expensive theatre seat, waiting – with various combinations of dread, hope and ennui – for something momentous to occur.
The One True Question is a new work-in-development by The Stan Dup Ensemble and follows a number of characters walking on a tightrope that could break at any moment.
- I looked down and I could hardly see the ground below me.
- I decide it's not a good idea to look down any more.
- I look to the sky.
- It is night already.
- What is the purpose of the moon? I ask.
- There is no response, as if the moon itself thought I had asked a silly question.
- Maybe it was one. I may never know.
Artist call outs coming soon!